• 瀏覽: 5,686
  • 回覆: 33
  • 追帖: 2
  • 分享: 1
+14
What do non-Chinese/Japanese people think of the Nanjing Massacre?

https://www.quora.com/What-do-non-Chinese-Japanese-people-think-of-the-Nanjing-Massacre-2

What do non-Chinese/Japanese people think of the Nanjing Massacre?

非中國人/日本人怎麼看待南京大屠殺?

評論翻譯

論壇地址:http://www.ltaaa.com/bbs/thread-480027-1-1.html

Kelly La Rue, Veteran, small business owner, Master Electrician
Kelly La Rue,老兵,小企業主,高級電工

Warning! I have included some stomach churning photographs.
The Nanking Massacre was not an anomaly. It was standard wartime behavior for the Japanese army in WWII. An entire civilization had gone mad.
I look upon their behavior with teeth clenching horror.

警告!以下內容包含某些反胃的圖片。
南京大屠殺並不是一個異常現象,而是二戰時期日本軍人普遍的戰時行為。當時整個日本都陷入癲狂之中。
看到日本軍人的行徑,我恐懼得顫抖不已。

Here is a list of countries invaded, conquered, or occupied by Japan before or during WWII:
China
Soviet unx
Mongolia
Vietnam
Cambodia
Laos
United States
Malaysia (UK)
Singapore
Hong Kong (UK)
Dutch East Indies (Indonesia)
Timor (Portugal)
Australia by sea
New Zealand by sea
Burma (Myanmar )
India
British New Guinea (Papua)
The Philippines
Andaman and Nicobar Islands (India)
Straits Settlements (Singapore)
Brunei (UK)
Nauru (Australia)
Guam (USA)
Imphal (India)
Wake Island (USA)
Gilbert and Ellice Islands (UK)
Christmas island (Australia)
Manchuria
Taiwan
Korea
http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new...

以下是在二戰前或二戰期間被日本侵略、征服或佔領的國家名單:
1.中國
2.蘇聯
3.蒙古
4.越南
5.柬埔寨
6.老撾
7.美國
8.馬來西亞(英屬)
9.新加坡
10.香港(英屬)
11.荷屬東印度群島(印度尼西亞)
12.帝汶島(葡屬殖民地)
13.澳大利亞沿海
14.新西蘭沿海
15.緬甸
16.印度
17.英屬新幾內亞(巴布亞島)
18.菲律賓
19.安達曼和尼科巴群島(印度)
20.英屬海峽殖民地(新加坡)
21.文萊(英屬)
22.瑙魯(澳大利亞)
23.關島(美國)
24.英帕爾(印度)
25.復活島(美國)
26.吉爾柏特及埃里斯群島(英國)
27.聖誕島(澳大利亞)
28.滿洲
29.台灣
30.朝鮮
http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new...

Their behavior was generally savage and barbaric. The Japanese were one of the most racist societies in history right up there with and possibly worse than Nazi Germany. They believed their superiority gave them to right to treat their inferiors any way they wanted and they left a swath of 10 million or more civilian bodies in their wake.
Civilians were shot, bayoneted, beheaded, mutilated, buried alive, raped in a frenzy of sadistic butchery across Asia wherever they went. Mustard gas and biological agents were used. Medical experiments were done. Pregnant women had their fetuses cut out and both left to die in pools of blood. POWs were murdered, starved, worked to death, used for bayonet practice, decapitated, and eaten.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja...
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkill...

日本軍人表現得像未開化的野蠻人。當時的日本是歷史上最種族主義的國家之一,甚至比納粹德國還要惡劣。他們認為自己具有優勢,可以有權隨意對待比他們弱勢的國家,大量的平民遭到屠殺。

在亞洲各地發生了瘋狂的虐待和屠殺,平民被射殺,刺死,斬首,肢解,活埋,即使逃跑也沒有用。日本人還使用芥子氣和生化武器,進行人體實驗。孕婦眼睜睜看着自己的胎兒被切除,血流不止而死。戰俘被屠殺、餓死、苦役致死,有些被用來練習刺刀,被斬首甚至被吃掉。

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja...
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkill...

The Japanese have a long history of insincere apologies. Part of the reason is the populace is protected from the facts about their WWII atrocities and are actually encouraged to think of themselves as the victims in the war. Sometimes so outrageous is this denial that there are accusations that reports of atrocities are an American attempt to cover up their own warcrimes.
http://time.com/5546/japanese-nh...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na...
http://www2.biglobe.ne.jp/remnan...
If the Japanese were to genuinely regret and express this regret like the Germans did then I think they could look forward to being accepted back into the community of Asian nations. But instead their denials continue unabated so the tension persists.

在很長時段內,日本人的道歉並不真誠。部分原因是民眾被避免知曉二戰中他們所犯的暴行,甚至被唆使將自己視作為二戰的受害者。有時候,這種否認太過離譜了,甚至有些日本人指責說,對日本二戰暴行的報道其實是美國為了掩蓋自己戰爭罪行。

http://time.com/5546/japanese-nh...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na...
http://www2.biglobe.ne.jp/remnan...

如果日本人真的像德國人那樣悔過,並表達這種歉意,那麼我認為日本是可以被亞洲國家所重新接納的。但日本對於戰爭罪行的否認仍在繼續,不曾消減,所以緊張局勢依然存在。

(以下是屠殺血腥圖片,就不放了)

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 02:56 PM 編輯 ]

Craig Fechter, President (2005-present)
Craig Fechter,董事長(2005至今)

I am from California and was born and raised here. When it comes to the history of World War 2, much of the US based cirriculum is centered around the US conflict with Japan and the European conflict, both the US portion and the European portion.
Very little is taught or heard about what the Japanese inflicted upon the Chinese. While the Nazis were definitely brutal, the Japanese were literal barbarian hordes in China.

我來自加利福尼亞,在此出生成長。說到第二次世界大戰的歷史,大部分美國人的認知是以美國對日戰爭和歐洲戰爭為中心,
很少有人知道日本人給中國人帶來的苦難。納粹確實殘忍,但在中國的日本人簡直就是未開化的野蠻人。

I started to take interest in the topic about 2.5 years go when I was in Xiamen and Fuzhou, China as we were there to adopt our youngest son. I saw a world war 2 memorial in Fuzhou and just started to read about the Japanese occupation of China. After reading about the initial invasion I got to the Rape of Nanking wikipedia article. I can’t tell you how emotional I got while reading through the mass suffering of the Chinese people in Nanking! My heart ached to know that mankind could be capable of such reckless disregard for any and all human life! Babies thrown in the air and bayonted! Tens of thousands of women raped, violated and ultimately murdered! Any Chinese adult male being taken down to the river and just machine-gunned down like a dog!

我開始對這個話題感興趣大約是在兩年半前,當時我人在廈門和福州,到中國去是為了領養我們的小兒子。我在福州參觀了一座二戰紀念館,才知道日本侵佔過中國。在了解最初的入侵後,我找了維基百科上一篇關於南京大屠殺的文章。我無法形容我在讀到南京大屠殺時是多麼的難受!我急切的想知道為什麼人類能對別人的生命做出如此毫不顧及的行為!嬰兒被拋向空中刺死!數以千計的婦女被強姦,侵犯最終被虐殺!中國成年男子被帶到河邊,像狗一樣被射殺!

People here just haven’t heard about it and if they have I just don’t think they understand the absolute depravity of the Japanese. Due to the fact we are a Chinese-American household, we actively celebrate elements of Chinese culture in our home. We decorate for and celebrate Chinese new year and we attempt to take part in local Chinese new year celebrations. Last year we attended a local Chinese New Year celebration where there was traditional Chinese food, elements of their culture, and the culmination was a presentation of traditional Chinese dance. The committee invited a bunch of local politicians as guests of honor and they were invited to speak prior to the event. It was a surreal moment when one of the politicians began to talk about how poorly the Japanese were treated here in the US during world war 2, as if the Chinese in attendance wanted to hear reminders of Japan and world war 2 (for a reference, the Japanese were treated poorly during world war 2 as they were forcefully interned but that treatment was quite literally nothing to how the Japanese treated the Chinese). I couldn’t believe that he would actually bring up Japan during a celebration of Chinese new year.

Quora這的人不知道這些,即使他們有了解過,我也不認為他們能認知到日本人那種徹底的惡。由於我們是一個美國人和中國人一起的家庭,我們在家積極慶祝中國傳統文化。為慶祝中國新年我們還裝飾房間,並嘗試參加當地的中國新年慶祝活動。去年,我們參加了一個當地的中國新年慶祝活動,那有傳統的中國食物,傳統的中國文化,活動的高潮是一段中國傳統舞蹈。委員會邀請了一群當地的政客作為榮譽嘉賓,並讓他們在活動之前發言。預料不及的是其中一個政客開始談論二戰時期在美日本人遭到多麼惡劣的對待,就好像中國聽眾想要想起日本和二戰一樣(作為參考,在二戰期間日本人遭到的惡劣對待也只是被拘押,但和日本人對待中國人相比簡直就是小巫見大巫)。我無法相信在慶祝中國新年之時這個政客竟然會提到日本。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 02:58 PM 編輯 ]

Jacques Văn Khải, I am oversea Asian man
Jacques Văn Khải, 住在國外的亞裔

I called the massacre is terrible one.
Do you know what had costed for some small/weak countries to understand in? Because it is the brutal of human nature. And that’s how we are facing for.
Please look on this by the honest view.
China was weak. Weak those days. It was spared by the conflicts. Conflicts with the USSR, Uyghurs, Tibet, Communists. Wars happened everywhere, everytime. And no peace there. Then Japan jumped in, made the situation come worse.
And badly…

我覺得這起大屠殺太可怕了。
你知道弱小國家花了多大的代價從中得到教訓?這就是殘忍的人性。也正是我們現在正面對的。
從客觀的角度看這起事件。
當時的中國很虛弱。因為各種矛盾而分崩離析,這些矛盾包括了蘇聯、GC主義。各地無時無刻不在爆發戰爭,毫無和平可言。然後日本人入侵了,使勢態更為惡化。
太糟糕了...

Japan took the city after the Chinese force surrendered the city. Gen. Iwane Matsui could have done better by trying to prevent the massacre. However, the high order of the Imperial Japanese command in China had not allowed prisoners, instead killing all and all.
Imagine, with this type of order, would they keep their human ability?
As Japan also kept the similar racist view on other Asians, believing on Japanese supremacy, and they thought they could revive China, they slaughtered all of other people there, in order to “clean China”. This was not cleaning. This was massacre! Genocide! It was that type! This helped strengthen Chinese nationalism later, but the pains would never be forgotten.

在中國軍隊投降後,日本佔領了這座城市。松井石根本可以通過阻止屠殺來讓勢態變好。然而,在中國的日本帝國軍高層命令不允許有囚犯,而是全部屠殺殆盡。
想象一下,有了這種命令,日本軍人能保持人性嗎?
日本也對其他亞洲人持有類似的種族主義觀點,他們堅信日本的霸權,認為他們可以重振中國,為了“清潔中國”,他們屠殺了那裡的所有人。這不是清潔。這是屠殺!是種族滅絕!就是這樣!這對後來加強中國的民族主義有所幫助,但這種痛苦永遠不會被忘記。

The Nanking massacre could be understood like this:
It showed the darkest and the most horrible part of human beings.
It affected on the minds of the people in around the massacre.
For Japan those days: to demonstrate the invincible power of Japan in the name of pan-Asianism.
For China those days: it strengthened China and helped Chinese to realize who they needed to fight.
The Nanking still affects today. China uses Nanking like a reason for its power rising. Japan refuses because this is not China they need to excuse. For others, it was like Armenian tragedy, Jewish tragedy, and more…
I feel this massacre was cruel and non-human. But it should be respected for the deaths to be in peace, not for other warmongers use as an excuse of expansion and war plans.

南京大屠殺可以這樣理解:
它展示了人類最黑暗和最可怕的一面。
它影響了大屠殺周圍的人們的思想。
對日本來說,大屠殺是為了以泛亞洲主義的名義展示日本不可戰勝的力量。
對中國來說,大屠殺使中國更加團結,讓中國人意識到他們必須奮起反抗。
南京大屠殺仍然影響至今。中國利用南京大屠殺作為其崛起的一個原因。日本抵制因為這不是他們需要道歉的中國。此外,這可能也是美國人和猶太人的策略,等等。
我覺得這場大屠殺是殘酷、毫無人性的。但是,對於那些為和平而犧牲的人來說,他們應該得到我們的尊重,而那些將大屠殺作為擴張和戰爭借口的戰爭販子則不值得我們尊重。

M. G. Haynes, M.A. Asian Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa (2006)
M. G. Haynes, 亞洲研究碩士,馬諾阿夏威夷大學(2006)

I'd certainly never claim to speak for all "non-Chinese/Japanese" people when it comes to any subject on the planet, but I can give my thoughts as a veteran, an historian, and someone who's spent a long time living and traveling in Northeast Asia.
The Nanjing Massacre was nothing short of a horrible war crime. Imperial Japanese soldiers went on a murderous rampage, raping, torturing, and killing Chinese civilians to a degree that makes any discussion of the number of victims moot. The historian in me is convinced of the horrible facts of the event by the multiple eye-witness accounts by international and fairly impartial observers. The soldier in me is unconvinced--and a little disgusted--by post-war claims that the Japanese troops went beyond their orders. My time spent living in this part of the world tells me that the Japanese are prone to "yari-sugi" or over-doing things...all sorts of things. These three components all come together to make me believe that 1) the killing and maltreatment of civilians happened on a very large scale, beyond what could be claimed even by WWII standards as "collateral damage", 2) that this treatment was ordered by Japanese commanders on the scene, and 3) that it was an overwhelming display of terror intended to punish the Chinese for Japanese losses at Shanghai and cow them into eventual submission.

當涉及各種話題時,我絕對不會說我代表了所有的非中國/日本人,但作為一個老兵、歷史學者,並且在東北亞生活旅遊過很長時間的我能發表我個人的看法。
南京大屠殺是一個可怕的戰爭罪行。日本帝國的士兵陷入了瘋狂,強姦、折磨和殺害了大量中國平民,這在一定程度上使關於受害者人數的討論都懸而未決。通過國際公正觀察者的許多事件目擊記錄,作為歷史學者的我堅信這起事件駭人聽聞。日本戰後聲稱日本軍人違反命令而發動了大屠殺,這讓作為士兵的我表示懷疑——也有些噁心。我的人生經驗告訴我在各種事上日本人很容易“過分”或者說走極端。
以下三個部分讓我相信就是那樣1)對平民的殺戮和虐待發生在非常大的範圍內,甚至超過了二戰所稱的“附帶損害”標準(註:附帶損害即在發動軍事行動中,對平民造成的傷害),2)大屠殺是由日本軍官在現場直接指揮的,3)這是一場壓倒性的恐怖活動,目的是懲罰中國人在上海對日本人造成的損傷,並脅迫其投降。

None of this is terribly insightful. What's more interesting, I think, is why there are so many Japanese who disbelieve the event happened in the first place, or believe the Chinese have inflated the numbers of an otherwise "acceptable" number of civilian casualties. While elements of cultural distrust of the Chinese in general combines with a distrust of Communist propaganda after the war, the greater issue is that the Japanese simply don't want to believe it. Specifically, that the nice old man living on the fourth floor--or better yet, the kindly Grandfather who rocks their grandchildren to sleep--could have ever perpetrated such inherently unbelievable atrocities.

以上都不是很深刻的見解。我認為更讓人感興趣的是為什麼會有那麼多的日本人在最初不相信發生了這起事件,或者認為中國人誇大了一個“可接受範圍”的平民傷亡人數。雖然總體上日本在文化上對中國不信任,再加之戰後對GC主義不信任的宣傳,但更大的問題是,日本人根本就不願意相信發生過這起事件。具體來說,就是住在四樓的那位和藹老人——或者更親近的,一位正在讓孫子們安睡的親切祖父,過去竟然犯下了如此磬竹難書的暴行。
Don't ever underestimate how little the Japanese people back home knew about the detailed "sausage-making" of their war with China. As well, don't underestimate the long-term effect on the human psyche of a never-ending stream of pre-war and wartime government propaganda. Add to that a general lack of desire (with a few notable, but easily dismissible exceptions) by returning soldiers to tell of their own horrible deeds. These men were ashamed--of losing the war if not their behavior while prosecuting it--and not terribly interested in telling those back home all the evil deeds they'd done. After all, they'd been assured victory and everyone knows that the victors write history and so these troops would have assumed that the ends justified the means and all those acts would be forgotten in the end anyway. And finally, don't forget that post-war Japanese didn't really want to hear it anyway, they were sick of war and warriors, blaming the destruction of their entire way of life on the militarists who'd led the emperor astray and dragged Japan into a deep abyss.

永遠不要低估日本人多麼不了解他們與中國戰爭的詳細經過。同樣的,也不要低估了無休止的戰前和戰時政府宣傳對人們心理的長期影響。再加上回國的士兵普遍缺乏向人們講述他們可怕行徑的念頭(有些值得注意,但很容易被無視掉)這些人為輸掉這場戰爭而感到羞愧。他們也不想把自己的罪行告訴自己的親人。畢竟他們獲得了勝利,每個人都知道勝利者書寫歷史,所以這些軍隊認為無論如何,所有這些行為最終都將被遺忘。最後別忘了,戰後的日本人並不真的想聽這些,他們厭倦了戰爭和軍人,把他們的整個生活方式都歸咎于軍國主義者,認為這些軍國主義者把天皇引入歧途,把日本拖進了深淵。

The most important question of all, however, is how to move beyond this incident. Japan and the US are close allies today, despite a surprise attack that dragged the US into a war it was trying to avoid, the inexcusable treatment of Allied POWs, and the dropping of two atomic bombs. Taiwans have a close relationship with the Japanese and seem to, as a political body, harbor no lasting resentment. The Thais as well, in spite of Japanese wartime atrocities committed there. Further afield, the French and Germans have a combined military unit and daily work side-by-side in NATO. Clearly, being the recipient of national-level aggression doesn't pre-suppose antagonism 70-years later.

然而,最重要的問題是如何超越這一事件。儘管日本發動突襲把美國拉入了試圖避免的戰爭,日本對待同盟國戰俘的方式也不可原諒,美國也給日本投了兩顆原子彈,但今天日本和美國成為了非常親密的盟友。作為一個政治實體,台灣與日本有着密切的關係,似乎也沒了怨恨。泰國人也一樣,儘管二戰時日本人在那犯了暴行。在更遠的地方,法國和德國組建了聯合的軍隊,在北約里並肩作戰。顯然在70年後,戰爭的受害者並不希望發生對抗。

The crazy thing is that almost any ethnic group in the world can be considered a victim or charged with aggression. It really depends on where you draw that magical, historical line in the sand. If you draw the line in 1598, Korea is recovering from two Japanese invasions. 1281, Japan is the recipient of its second of two Mongol invasions of mostly Chinese and Korean troops. Early 1200s, the Mongols invade and subdue all of China. If you draw the line at 110 BC, China is invading Korea for the first of many, MANY times. And the list goes on and on. No ethnic group in all the world has a monopoly on aggression. Don't believe me? Look to the peaceful, chocolate and watch-making, perennially neutral Swiss . . . who once fielded the most feared troops in all of Europe.

瘋狂的是,世界上幾乎所有的民族都可以被認為是受害者,也可以被指控為侵略者。這取決於你截取哪段歷史。如果你截取1598年這段歷史,朝鮮正從日本兩次的入侵中恢復過來。1281年,日本遭受了第二次蒙古入侵,這次入侵部隊大部分是中國人和朝鮮人。在13世紀初期,蒙古侵略征服了全中國。如果你選擇公元前110年,中國正在入侵朝鮮,這是無數次侵略朝鮮中的第一次。表單還能在列下去。世界上沒有任何民族只會侵略。不相信我嗎?看看那些和平的,盛產巧克力和手錶,永遠中立的瑞士人,他們曾擁有全歐洲最令人畏懼的軍隊。

While individual people may harbor a latent distrust of other cultures for any number of reasons--to include past aggression--life goes on after all and humans have throughout history proven capable of tremendous pragmatism. It seems, then, these long-term historical issues become real obstacles to progress only when somebody or some group stands to gain politically from dredging up that past. The question, when faced with such renewed calls for anger and hatred against an entire ethnic group (ANY ethnic group), should be "what does that individual/group gain from making such calls?" Answer that, and you're closer to understanding why these issues remain 70-years on.

雖然基於很對原因————包括過去遭遇到的侵略,個體可能對其他文化懷有潛在的不信任,但生命周而復始,縱觀歷史,人類已經被證明具有巨大的實用主義能力。因此,當某個人或某一群體通過挖掘過去來獲得政治利益時,這些長期的歷史問題似乎就會成為阻礙進步的真正障礙。當碰見這種死灰復燃試圖喚起敵視整個民族(任何民族)的怨氣和憎惡時,問題應該是“什麼人/群體能從這種宣傳中獲利?”回答這個問題吧,你就能明白為什麼這些議題能持續70年時間了。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 03:03 PM 編輯 ]

Juri Nakahara, I am a Japanese who has spent some childhood in the US.
Juri Nakahara,我是日本人,童年在美國生活。

You asked me to answer this question, but I know my answer is going to disappoint you and this is an honest answer as A Japanese.
I had been hesitating to answer after getting A2A, because I just remember the "word" Nanjing Massacre. Textbooks and education differs by generation. I am in my 30's and don't remember what I learned in junior high or high schools, and for me back then, history was just a subject that I had to pass tests, and I was just busy memorizing what happened in which year. This is just my experience and I don't know about other genetations, but I think schools focused more about telling us what happend between the US and Japan. I remember that I saw some videos about the bombing in Japan and attack on Pearl Harbor.

你想我回答這個問題,但我的回答可能會讓你失望,以下來自一個日本人的誠實回復。
在受邀之後,我一直猶豫着要不要回答,因為我只記得“南京大屠殺”這個詞。每一代的教科書和教育都是不同的。我已經30多歲了,我在初中或高中學到的東西已經沒有多少印象,對我來說,歷史只是我必須通過測試的一個科目,我只是在忙着記憶哪一年發生了什麼事。這只是我個人的經歷,我不知道其他世代怎麼想,但我認為,學校更關注的是告訴我們美國和日本之間發生了什麼。我記得我看過一些關於日本轟炸和偷襲珍珠港的視頻。

This is just what I think, but as for Japanese, only people who are interested in history know well about Nanjin Massacre.
I am a person who was wondering why Japanese government has to keep apolozing Chinese and South Korean governments.
I started using Quora several months ago and Quora users' answers are helping me learn about what Japan did.

這只是我自己的想法,但對於日本人來說,只有對歷史感興趣的人才能很好地了解南京大屠殺。
我很想知道為什麼日本政府要一直向中國和韓國政府道歉。
我幾個月前開始用quora,quora用戶的回答讓我知道了日本曾經的所作所為。

Kibler Juergen, I like to read history books, lots of them.Kibler Juergen, 我愛看歷史書,而且看過好多。

Half Salvadoran and half Austrian, world traveler, due to my work I interact a lot with Japanese and Chinese people.Here is the thing: When you learn something from history books but your anecdotal experience contradicts what you are reading, your brain goes through a classic “W.T.F.” moment.

一半薩爾瓦多一半奧地利血統,週遊世界,因為工作原因我和日本人及中國人有過交往。恰如此言:當你從歷史書中學到一些東西,但你的經驗與你所讀的內容相矛盾,你就會想“什麼玩意兒”阿。

From all the countries that I have traveled to, be it in Europe, the Americas or Asia, nowhere have I felt more comfortable, happy and welcomed as when I am in Japan. The country and its culture is uniquely polite when dealing with foreign visitors. Hands down, IMHO, they win over the Brazilians in friendliness, over the Germans in organization and over the Brits in punctuality. Oh, and the food I can get there rivals anything I have tried in Michelin guide listed restaurants in Europe. The country seems so clean and orderly, the people so polite and refined…. Which is why, when I first learned about the Nanjing massacre, my first reaction was incredulity. “No way” I thought… “this must be some sort of Chinese propaganda”. These were my thoughts….

在我旅遊過的所有國家裡,包括歐洲、美國和亞洲,從來沒有一個地方能像日本那樣讓我感覺舒適開心和受歡迎。在與外國遊客打交道時,這個國家及其文化以禮待人。恕我直言,他們無疑比巴西人更友好,比德國人更有組織,比英國人更守時。而且我能在那裡買到的食物,與我在歐洲的米其林餐廳所品嘗的都是一樣的。這個國家看起來很乾凈,很有秩序,人們很有禮貌,很文雅。這也是為什麼當我第一次聽說南京大屠殺時,我的反應是質疑。“不可能”我這樣想,“這一定是某些中國人的輿論宣傳”。這就是我的想法。

Sadly, it is true. Some grandparents of those wonderful people I know and love did some terrible things to other Asians 70+ years ago. It made me understand that famous saying about civilization being as wide an ocean but as deep as a puddle. Scratch a few inches underneath our tailor made suits and one can find our violent ape nature. I sincerely think that Japan should look back, recognize what happened and make amends.But, do I think that that horrible event is unique? Sadly again, the answer is no. I can tell you of dozens of similar barbarities happening again and again in the last 70 years, in my backyard Latin America alone! In my home country of El Salvador entire villages with thousands of civilians were killed in a similar manner as the Nanjing Massacre, as early as the 1980s!

Thanks for reading my opinion about this sensitive subject. I hope both Japan and China can be mature enough to overcome the past.

謝謝你觀看我對這個敏感話題的觀點。我相信日本和中國雙方能足夠成熟一起克服過去。

Derrick Patterson, B.A History, Bates College (2013)Derrick Patterson,貝茲學院歷史學士(2013)

I am American. I currently live in China and I often ask Chinese people how they feel about Japan. The younger generation doesn’t seem to have any bad feelings against them, however when I ask some of the older locals they usually have a negative opinion about Japanese people.

我是美國人。我現在住在中國,我經常問中國人他們怎麼看待日本人。年輕人對日本似乎沒有任何負面情緒,然而當我問當地老人時,他們常常對日本人抱有負面看法。

The Nanjing Massacre was a clear example of how dark WWII was. Think about everything that occurred. The Nanjing Massacre, the Holocaust, the genocides in Ethiopia, Pearl Harbor, etc. Innocent people dying for a war they necessarily did not want to be involved in. Japan committed war crime after war crime, viewing Chinese people as animals instead of human beings. Holding up babies with bayonets, having competitions of who could behead the most villagers, taking photos with the deceased. It was nothing short of sick and should forever be a dark chapter in Japan’s history.

南京大屠殺是個明顯的例子,印證了二戰是多麼的黑暗。想想看發生的每件事。南京大屠殺,猶太人大屠殺,埃塞俄比亞的種族滅絕,珍珠港事件,等等。無辜的人們為了一場他們本不願意捲入其中的戰爭而死。日本在戰爭中接二連三的犯下罪行,把中國人當作動物而不是人對待。用刺刀刺死嬰兒,比賽誰殺的平民最多,和受害者合影留念。這簡直就是病態,應該永遠成為日本歷史上黑暗的一章。

People all over the world should never forget the horrors that took place during World War II. The Raping of Nanjing was a senseless act and should serve as a reminder that war should never be the answer.

全世界的人們絕不會忘記在二戰期間發生的這場恐懼。南京大屠殺是愚蠢的行為,應該不斷提醒我們:戰爭永遠不應該成為答案。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 03:07 PM 編輯 ]

[隱藏]

David Grason
David Grason
There is an interesting, and I’m sure a somewhat romanticized, movie on Netflix called “The Flowers of War” that deals with the Rape of Nanking. It’s worth watching.
I declared an Asian Studies minor when doing my undergrad work at the university. My professor was married to a Japanese woman, spoke Japanese at a high level of proficiency and had lived in Japan for a number of years. When we studied the Nanking massacre in class, you could clearly see that he would have preferred to teach only the Japanese point of view on that matter. But his own professionalism and ethics would not allow it and so, he taught as close to an unbiased version of events as possible. He made no bones about this really happening although the Japanese themselves, refuse to admit it. They claim it’s all Chinese propaganda.

這個問題讓人感興趣,我確信阿飛公司的電影“戰爭之花”(註:即《金陵十三釵》)在描述南京大屠殺時存在理想化。但這部電影仍值得觀看。
我在讀大學本科時,報名過一次亞洲研究輔修。我的教授娶了一位日本女人,他的日語口語水平很高,在日本生活了好幾年。當我們在課堂上研究南京大屠殺時,你可以清楚地意識到,他應該更願意教授日本人對這件事的看法。但他的專業精神和道德規範不允許他這樣做,因此,他儘可能地將事件的公正版本教給我們。儘管日本人拒絕承認大屠殺,但教授並沒有對此有所顧忌。而日本人聲稱南京大屠殺是中國人的輿論宣傳。

The fact is that it DID happen and it was a horrible atrocity rivaling many of the other atrocities commited during War 2.
As for my own feelings, I have to say that I don’t like studying it because it brings me down emotionally. It was a very sad event during a very sad time and the Chinese suffered terribly then.
But, on the other hand, I think it speaks volumes for the spirit of the Chinese people. I have the very highest respect for the Chinese people of Nanking and for the suffering they endured during that time. And this meshes very well with another influencial man in my own live and HIS feelings about the Chinese people.

事實是,大屠殺確實發生過,這是一場可怕的暴行,與二戰期間發生的許多其他暴行一樣。
至於我個人的看法,我不得不說,我不喜歡研究這個事件,因為它給我帶來了負面情緒。這是一起非常淒慘的事件,發生在一個非常悲慘的年代,中國人當時非常悲痛。
但是,另一方面,我認為這充分體現了中國人民的精神。我對住在南京的中國人民和他們在那段時間能忍受苦難的意志力表達最高的敬意。這種敬意與我生活中一個對我影響深遠的人以及他對中國人民的感情有關。

This man was a pilot with the Flying Tigers during War 2. He was a neighbor when I was a kid and was a customer of mine on my newspaper route. He used to tell me all about how the Japanese would bomb their airfield near Kunming. The Chinese would repair the runways and rebuild their quarters and other buildings in record time - and all of it by hand. And they would actually get everything rebuilt faster than the Japanese could bomb it to destructino. There were thousands of workers and they would literally repave the bombed out runway’s bomb craters with gravel and tung oil carried in on the backs of thousands of workers carrying baskets. The Flying Tigers, according to my neighbor, never missed a mission and were never delayed thanks to the efforts of all those Chinese workers.
So THAT is my impression of the Chinese.

這個人是二戰期間飛虎隊的飛行員。當我還是個孩子的時候,他是我的鄰居,是我的送報紙客戶。他過去常常告訴我日本人是如何轟炸昆明附近的機場的。中國人在有限的時間內修復跑道,重建他們的住處和其他建築,所有這些都是手工進行的。他們重建的速度遠比日本人轟炸的速度快。那裡有成千上萬的工人,他們用框背着沙礫和桐油逐個鋪好跑道上被炸出來的彈坑。據我的鄰居說,由於中國工人的努力,飛虎隊從來沒有錯過一次任務,也沒有被延遲過。
這就是我對中國人的印象。

Taiki Fujimoto, Had been Travelling to China 2 times, 2013 and 2016
Taiki Fujimoto, 在2013和2016年兩次到中國旅遊

The Nanking Massacre is one of the most terrible thing that Japan did. It can be seen from this why China still demand an apology from Japan for this.
This heinous act is evil and unbelieveable. Raping thousands of women and little girls, mass decapitating, and mass killing until a death toll of 300,000 only to dermolize the Chinese is really unforgivable. I hope Japan apologize and give aid to the victim’s families.
During my visit to China, I also prayed at the Nanking Memorial, making some Chinese watch in surprise. After having some conversation with them, and told them about my view. In response, they jokingly told me that I must run for Prime Minister.
I hope our government apologizes so that a better China - Japan relations awaits in the future.

南京大屠殺是日本曾經犯下的最為糟糕的罪行之一。從這一點可以看出,為什麼中國仍然要求日本為此道歉。
這一暴行是邪惡和令人髮指的。成千上萬的婦女和小女孩被強姦,大規模斬首,大規模屠殺,遇難人數達到了30萬人,就只是為了挫敗中國人,這不可原諒。我希望日本能夠道歉並且給予受難家庭補助。
在我訪問中國期間,我還在南京紀念館祈禱,讓一些中國人大吃一驚。在和他們交談之後,我告訴他們我的想法。作為回應,他們開玩笑地說讓我去競選首相。
我希望我們的政府為將來更好的中日關係而道歉。

Ben Jackson
Ben Jackson
I’ve lived in both countries.
Most of the evidence points to it being a vile massacre, absolutely inhuman killing and murder. There are points to consider though:
There has been gross misrepresentation of the incident by BOTH sides. On the Japanese side there are still some who claim only a few thousand were killed, and that these were soldiers dressing as locals. This is contradicted by eye-witness testimonies from former Japanese soldiers who were there, and other eye-witness accounts by Europeans, not to mention local Chinese.
On the Chinese side, the number of dead has been vastly inflated. Claims of 300,000+ are ridiculous as the population of Nanjing at the time was only 240,000, not everyone in the city was killed, and some managed to flee. The true number most probably lies somewhere nearer to 150,000. That’s not to excuse it - it was still a horrific massacre.

我在兩個國家都生活過。
大多數證據表明這是一場邪惡的大屠殺,絕對不人道的殺戮。然而仍有一些值得思考。
雙方都對這一事件有嚴重的誤解。在日本方面,仍有一些人聲稱只有幾千人被殺,而且都是裝扮成當地人的士兵。這與當時在場的日本士兵的目擊證詞相矛盾,也與歐洲人的目擊證據相矛盾,更不用提當地的中國人了。
在中國方面,死亡人數被大大誇大了。30多萬的說法是荒謬的,因為當時南京的人口只有24萬,並不是每個人都被殺了,還有一些人設法逃離了。真正的數字可能接近15萬人。我並不是為日本人申辯——這仍然是一場可怕的大屠殺。

It’s also likely that some of the photos of the massacre are fake or do not show what they purport to show. One famous beheading photo used in propaganda is now generally accepted to be a Chinese soldier beheading someone. Others are from different incidents in the war, but are now used in Nanjing propaganda.

也有可能是一些大屠殺的照片是假的,或者沒有顯示出他們想要展示的東西。在宣傳中使用的一幅著名的斬首照片現在被普遍認為是一名中國士兵在斬首某人。其他照片來自於戰爭中的其他事件,但都被用來作為南京大屠殺的宣傳照片。

There are several books on the subject, Iris Chang’s of course, and a few on the Japanese culture and mindset at the time though I’m blanking on the titles. Basically the Japanese were working under a ‘living god’, and it was drilled into them that their own lives were utterly worthless in the service of the Emperor, so they often had no qualms about laying down their lives for the sake of Japan. If you put yourself in that mindset where your own life is worth as little as that of an ant, what are the lives of your enemies worth? Non-Japanese had zero value in their eyes. This led to horrendous dehumanising behaviour.

這有幾本關於這個主題的書,當然包括張純如的著作,也有一些關於日本文化和心理的書,但我對這些書的標題記不太清楚了。基本上日本人是在“活着的上帝”控制下工作的,他們被灌輸在服侍天皇的過程中他們是卑微的,因此,為了日本的利益,他們常常毫不猶豫地捨棄自己的生命。如果你自己的生命價值就和螞蟻一樣,那麼敵人的生命又能值多少錢呢?在他們眼裡,非日本人沒有價值。這導致了這場可怕的不人道行為。

What I obxt to is continued hatred of [modern day] Japan. Japan is an immensely civil and peaceful country - even the right-wing revisionist Abe can’t change that - and the people are the most kind, sweet and gentle people I’ve ever met. Modern-day Japanese should not be resented or blamed for the sins of their dead great-grandfathers. There’s a strong argument for the Japanese education system to be changed to acknowledge the worst of the atrocities of the past, but again the current youth of Japan are blameless, and in terms of threats to the region’s security Japan are way further down the list than some of their neighbours.

我反對的是對現代日本的持續仇恨。日本是一個十分文明以及和平的國家,即使是右翼修正主義者安倍也無法改變。日本人是我見過的最和善、友愛、溫和的群體。當今的日本不應該為他們早已離世祖輩的罪行而受怨恨和譴責。對於日本的教育體系來說,已經明確承認過去的暴行是最糟糕的,但日本的年輕人不應該受到指責,就對該地區安全的威脅而言,日本比他的一些鄰國要低得多。

Can Japanese non-combatants of the time even be blamed? Apparently the sport of beheading was reported in some newspapers in Japan at the time, but can you blame an indoctrinated housewife sat at home reading the newspaper for a massacre in a foreign country perpetrated by her countrymen? I don’t think so. Some people celebrate the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki because ‘Japan had it coming to them’ for their own crimes, but two wrongs don’t make a right: just because 100,000+ innocents died in Nanjing does not make it a cause for celebration that another 100,000+ innocent civilians died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

日本平民需要受到指責嗎?很明顯,當時日本的一些報紙報道了斬首運動,但是,你能責怪一個被洗腦的家庭主婦坐在家裡看報紙,就因為她的同胞在國外犯下了大屠殺嗎?我不這樣認為。有些人慶祝廣島和長崎的核爆,因為“日本罪有應得”,但兩次做錯還是不能等同於做對了:僅僅因為在南京有10萬多無辜平民被殺害並不能成為歡慶廣島和長崎又有10萬多無辜平民死亡的理由。

The people who committed the Nanjing Massacre did awful, inhuman things, but they’re all dead. I know the anger runs deep (and is continuously stirred up by the government of China) but who is left to blame? A few old idiot revisionists.

那些犯下南京大屠殺的人做了可怕的、非人道的事情,但他們都死了。我知道憤怒是根深蒂固的(中國政府一直在煽動),但誰又該為此負責呢?一些白痴的修正主義者罷了。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 03:12 PM 編輯 ]

Hua Ailin, IR expert, thesis on China's shifting intl. Strategy
Hua Ailin, 紅外專家,研究中國正在轉變的國際戰略

I’m not Japanese or Chinese, but have lived in both countries and am familiar with both narratives (or lack thereof) regarding the Sino-Japanese war and WWII.
Frankly, knowing about things like that makes me wonder how both countries could ever be friends or work together in any way. Though it’s true that there’s at times some social tension (particularly on the Chinese side), it’s surprising that that their economies are so intertwined. And it’s also surprising that there isn’t even more hostility towards Japan considering that as far as I’m aware, the Nanjing massacre is not particularly high lighted in Japanese text books.
The only reason why so many countries are ok with Germany now is because they’ve made a big point of not hiding their past and are very apologetic about it.
That’s just my two cents.

我不是日本人,也不是中國人,但在這兩個國家都生活過,對中日戰爭和二戰的記述都很熟悉。
坦率地說,知道這事件後我很想知道,這兩個國家怎麼可能成為朋友進行合作。儘管有時會有一些社會關係緊張(尤其是在中國方面),但令人驚訝的是,兩個國家的經濟是如此緊密地交織在一起。同樣令人驚訝的是,中國對日本沒有採取我以為的更多敵意,南京大屠殺在日本教科書中並沒有被特彆強調。
現在很多國家對德國的看法很積極,唯一原因是他們已經徹底的認識到,那就是不再隱瞞他們的過去,並對此表示歉意。
這只是我的看法。

Scarlett Mitchell, Professional Artist
Scarlett Mitchell, 職業藝術家

I am an American. I have never been to Asia.
I have no bias to either country, other than a love of both cultures. Or I didn’t, until I learned about this.
The massacre, aptly named “The Rape of Nanjing” has been called a genocide because it was a slaughter of civilians without any reason–The city had already been captured.
And not many, but still too many, Japanese people are literally denying any such “conflict”. Everyone else just calls it an exaggeration or demands “proof”. Some of the Japanese do acknowledge it.

我是美國人,從沒去過亞洲。
我對這兩個國家不抱有偏見,反而對雙方文化都很有愛。直到我了解到了南京大屠殺,我就變了。
這場大屠殺叫作“南京大屠殺”,因為沒有任何理由(南京城已經被佔領了)的屠殺平民,也被稱為“種族滅絕”。
雖然不是很多,但也存在很大數量的日本人實際上在否認這場“衝突”。其他人認為這誇張化了,或者要求“證據”。一些日本人確實承認大屠殺。

You know how, in the Western world, Holocaust deniers cause disgust in the regular population? This is like if the entire country of Germany continued to deny the Holocaust, or called it an exaggeration.
But like, there are also photographs of young corpses with bayonets sticking out of vaginas littered across the city. Women and little girls were systematically raped, household by household, and then murdered. Children's genitals were sliced open to make rape easier for the Japanese soldiers. A pregnant woman was resisting rape, so she was disemboweled, fetus removed, then raped after death. This is all eyewitness accounts by locals and foreigners, film, photographic, primary source evidence.

你知道嗎,在西方世界,否認大屠殺的人會引起一般民眾厭惡嗎?這就好比是整個德國繼續否認猶太人大屠殺,或者認為屠殺被誇大了。
這裡就有一些照片,照片上是年輕的女性屍體,被刺穿陰道隨意丟棄在城市中。婦女和小女孩被有組織地強姦,整戶整戶地被屠殺。兒童的生殖器被切開,使日本士兵更容易強姦。一位孕婦反抗強姦,所以她被開膛破腹,胎兒被切除,然後被奸屍。這些描述都來自當地和外國目擊者、電影、攝影、第一手證據。

It still happened. And more people in Western countries should learn about it. Why not, just because it didn't happen to us? What about Rwanda? What about the Balkans, Cambodia? The famines in the USSR?My opinion of Japan has changed drastically. Before, since we fucking nuclear attacked them and somehow have a good relationship now, I respected what I considered a modern and free country. But this totally changed my mind.I still have no hard feelings toward Japanese people, since obviously it's not their fault, and just like the rest of Asia, I can't live without Japanese shit.Edit 2: Stop trying to invalidate my answer because I'm American and “not aware of our own mistakes”. You are making that shit up- I do know what we've done. This question is not about America, so sit the fuck down. I'm unenthusiastically American. And I'm sick of my nationality being used to cheapen what I think about the Nanjing Massacre.

屠殺依舊在發生。西方國家更多人應該了解這一點。為什麼不去了解,就因為大屠殺沒有發生在我們身上?盧旺達知道嗎?巴爾幹半島知道嗎?蘇聯饑荒知道嗎?我對日本的看法發生了巨大變化。因為以前我們該死的核彈攻擊了他們,現在兩國有了一段友好關係,所以我敬重日本視其為現代自由國家。但這件事徹底改變了我的看法。我對日本民眾並沒有什麼負面情感,因為很明顯這不是他們的錯,就像亞洲其他國家一樣,我離不開日本。編輯:不要因為我是美國人,還“不知道自己的錯誤”,就否定我的回復。你們在扯些什麼,我知道我們美國人幹了什麼。但這個問題不是問美國,所以給我他媽的閉嘴。我是個冷靜的美國人。別拿我的國籍問題來否定我對南京大屠殺的看法。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 03:15 PM 編輯 ]

Guillaume Aubian, studied at école Normale Supérieure De Paris
Guillaume Aubian, 就讀於巴黎高等師範學校

I’ve searched what was Nanjing Massacre after reading this question, and this is really fucked up : this is like a genocide for free, without any interest in doing so except for crude barbary…
That being said, I had absolutely no idea this existed, and I’m pretty sure it’s true for most French people, and I’d bet that’s also true for most people in western Europe.

我在看到這個問題後,搜索了南京大屠殺,太糟糕了:這就像一場隨意的種族滅絕,除了野蠻的巴巴裏海盜誰會有興趣這麼干呢...
話雖如此,我之前完全不知道南京大屠殺的存在,我敢肯定這適用於大多數法國人,我敢打賭,對大多數西歐人來說也是如此。

We are taught in school how things went in western Europe during world war 2, USSR and USA are also extensively discussed. But Asia is mainly ignored, except for Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I knew Japan attacked China during WWII, but that wasn’t from school, and I didn’t even know that was so gruesome.
So, to answer this question : in Europe, I think most non-Chinese/Japanese people simply have no idea this massacre happened.

我們在學校里學的是在第二次世界大戰期間西歐的態勢,蘇聯和美國也得到了廣泛的討論但除了珍珠港和廣島和長崎外,亞洲基本上被忽略了。我知道日本在二戰期間襲擊了中國,但這不是學校學的,我甚至不知道這會是多麼可怕。
因此,對這個問題的答覆:在歐洲,我認為大多數非中國人/日本人根本不知道這場大屠殺。

[ 本帖最後由 西奴末日 於 2018-8-15 03:17 PM 編輯 ]

日本皇軍和共產黨都是中國敵人。

引用:
原帖由 pp49pp 於 2018-8-15 03:21 PM 發表
日本皇軍和共產黨都是中國敵人。
而共產黨統治緊中國

[隱藏]

所以我到今天都沒有踏足過日本一步。。。。。。

引用:
原帖由 tkgb1981 於 2018-8-15 03:25 PM 發表

而共產黨統治緊中國

清,元都統治中國。

引用:
原帖由 pp49pp 於 2018-8-15 04:25 PM 發表

清,元都統治中國。
系,但而家統治緊的系共產黨

你可以吾面對現實,但呢個系事實

引用:
原帖由 tkgb1981 於 2018-8-15 04:49 PM 發表

系,但而家統治緊的系共產黨

你可以吾面對現實,但呢個系事實
清,元都係現實喎。
中華蘇維埃係偽中國。
改個名就想偷天換日呀?

有香港人可能覺得日本是中國敵人, 因此就係朋友, 加上本身狂熱崇日, 所以支持日本極右日本軍國主義
如元谷外志雄之流, 話南京大屠殺係沒有其事的揑造.

但奇怪, 這類言論, 近期似乎少左, 戰略錯誤?
剛剛之前, 在 facebook 講否認南京大屠殺, 半小時後即被刪貼!

在香討貼返這些舊聞 (2017), 看看有沒有問題?
其實要分清楚軍國主義和一般平民及民企

南京屠殺是中國軍人所為
元谷外志雄表示,當時在南京的屠殺是中國軍人所為
元谷外志雄在他的新書《真實日本歷史:日本驕傲》中認為,南京大屠殺並沒有發生,他認為該段歷史是故意被「捏造」,並認為屠殺與擄掠是中國軍隊所為,「日本軍隊只是揪出並殺掉那些便衣士兵(游擊隊員),他們拋棄制服、偷走百姓衣物、帶著武器和彈藥躲在難民區。」他也否認日軍在二戰時強徵數千名韓國慰安婦,堅稱慰安婦都是自願。
報導指出,否認南京大屠殺的相關書籍擺設在APA飯店的400多家飯店的每個房間。
目前許多日本保守學者仍否認南京大屠殺,也些則把死亡人數降低許多
http://news.ltn.com.tw/news/world/breakingnews/2089948
元谷以右翼立場知名,其旗下APA集團舉辦名為「真實的近現代史觀」 的有獎論文比賽,
內容是長期以來日本右翼勢力企圖否認南京大屠殺暴行的一貫論調

2017年APA酒店被發現客房放置的書《理論近現代史學Ⅱ》, 否認南京大屠殺慰安婦
該書由元谷以筆名藤誠志寫成
元谷外志雄傳播右翼思想的另一個平台是「勝兵塾」論壇

[隱藏]

引用:
原帖由 pp49pp 於 2018-8-15 06:48 PM 發表

清,元都係現實喎。