• 瀏覽: 762
  • 回覆: 2
Hi Y'all, 
This is simply a test to see whether I can post in this section. These different levels (based upon the ideological sensitivity of subjects) are a real pain in the ass for a non-native speaker of Chinese. How the hell am I going to post enough in Chinese to be able to take part in interesting topics? I mean it takes me twenty times longer to read and write Chinese than you guys... 
Cheers, 
Stephen唐士明Thomas

what purpose you post in here? Chinese learning?

引用:
原帖由 Wildgarden 於 2019-3-23 07:11 AM 發表
what purpose you post in here? Chinese learning?
Hi Wildgarden,

Essentially, I came to this forum with three purposes:

1) Refresh my written Mandarin and start to learn a bit of Cantonese

2) The intellectual level of this forum seems to be higher than that of the average Chinese language forum. I had hoped to sharpen my wits in discussions with y'all.

3) I get an adrenalin kick by thumbing my nose at the Chinese Gestapo. 😆

However, this forum seems to have such a high level of restrictions upon freedom of speech, that this is getting to be too frustrating for me.

I will give an example.

About a year or so ago,  I took part in another discussion with another account. (I have now switched to the pseudonym "小唐", as my old password no longer works.)

Hard enough to find a discussion where I was allowed to participate. However, as  a specific subject became more and more interesting, I suddenly discovered that I could no longer participate. Why? The level of political "sensitivity" went up and thus the number of necessary posts.

And this time? I can't even use my old pseudonym - although I never changed my password! Thus, I am even more restricted than previously - the posts that I took an incredible amount of time to write (with my previous pseudonym) have not disappeared, but the kindergarten credit has gone away...

Frankly, I am starting to get disgusted with these infantile controls.

Can you recommend another Hongkong or Macau forum which has a higher level of freedom of speech? Where the members are treated as responsible adults?

Cheers,
Stephen

[按此隱藏 Google 建議的相符內容]